His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan names permanent tribute to Sheikh Zayed ‘The Founder’s Memorial’
Abu Dhabi, 3 January 2018: In honour of the Year of Zayed declared by President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan for 2018, Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, has named the permanent tribute to Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan as ‘The Founder’s Memorial’.
The memorial has been established as a national commemoration of the UAE’s founding father, his visionary leadership and his vast influence on his country and the wider world.
“The late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan is a guiding star whose vision continues to light a path of progress and prosperity for the UAE nation. We are immensely proud of his visionary leadership and values that underscore his wisdom, as well as the groundwork he laid for our nation’s advocacy of tolerance and co-existence,” commented His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs.
“Through the establishment of The Founder’s Memorial, it is our intention to foster connections with our nation’s founding father among future generations of Emiratis and for posterity, and to highlight his perceptive leadership to the whole UAE population by providing a place of gathering for the community in which to reflect and celebrate,” continued His Highness.
Set to be inaugurated in 2018 to coincide with the Year of Zayed, marking the 100-year anniversary of Sheikh Zayed’s birth, The Founder’s Memorial will offer visitors a journey of discovery into the life and legacy of Sheikh Zayed. At the Welcome Centre, rarely-seen footage, personal stories, articles and artefacts will offer intimate insight into Sheikh Zayed and his character, enabling visitors to develop deeper connections with the visionary leader.
The landscaped area of the 3.3-hectare site will feature indigenous plants and shrubbery from the UAE and the Arabian Peninsula, in keeping with Sheikh Zayed’s commitment to nurturing local flora and fauna. The space will also feature an elevated walkway with stunning views of the memorial’s central artwork, and beyond to the Abu Dhabi skyline.
Located at the intersection of first and second street along The Corniche in Abu Dhabi, The Founder’s Memorial will create an iconic national landmark for locals and residents of the UAE in the heart of the nation’s capital.
- Wife of US Vice President visits ‘The Founder’s Memorial’
- Mohamed bin Zayed tours The Founder's Memorial
- Zayed Foundation founder participates in "Earth Hour" under the theme "Connect with the Earth"
- Afghan President visits The Founder's Memorial
- Prime Minister of the Republic of Guinea visits The Founder's Memorial
- South Korean Defense Minister visits The Founder's Memorial
- The Founder's Memorial, celebrates the legacy of Sheikh Zayed during the forty-seventh national day of the UAE, with the participation of a wide range of visitors from all cultures
- Founder's Memorial holds educational tours highlighting tolerance, coexistence
- Bulgarian Prime Minister visits Founder's Memorial
- The Founder’s Memorial Hosts ‘Sheikh Zayed: A Century of Memories’ Exhibition
- The Founder’s Memorial Set to Open on Sunday 22 April
- The Founder’s Memorial to be Inaugurated 26.02.18
- Mohamed bin Zayed names ‘The Founder’s Memorial’
- Memorial established to commemorate Sheikh Zayed